Saturday, February 26, 2011

Mini Banana Oatmeal Muffins

Hello everybody! Okay, so today I am sharing with you a recipe for Mini Banana Oatmeal Muffins. The link to the website for recipe that I used is here. The original recipe calls for walnuts, but I decided to leave them out when I made mine. Just a heads up, this is really the first time I've ever baked something all by myself! It was so exciting because I got to use one of my favorite kitchen appliances, my Babycakes Cupcake Maker (pictured below)! I love it! The woman in the recipe just used small muffin pans to make hers, but I think my cupcake maker is more fun.




Ingredients
2 cups walnuts, chopped, optional
2 cups oats
3 cups flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
4 ripe bananas, mashed (roughly 2 cups)
1 cup milk
1 cup honey
4 Tbsp butter, melted
1 egg
Mix the wet ingredients and then stir in the dry ingredients until a moist batter forms.  Spoon the muffin batter into regular or mini-sized muffin tins lined with cooking spray or a muffin liner.  Bake the muffins at 375 degrees.  Regular muffins will cook for 15-20 minutes; mini muffins will cook for 7-10 muffins.  This batch makes roughly 24 regular-sized muffins and 48 mini muffins.
(http://itsybitsyfoodies.com/mini-banana-nut-oatmeal-muffins/)



First, I gathered all of my ingredients: honey, flour, baking powder, oats, baking soda, four bananas, milk, one egg, and butter.






Then, you need to combine all of the wet ingredients into a bowl and mix them. So, that would include the bananas, milk, butter, honey, and egg.


After, stir in all of the dry ingredients, which includes the flour, baking powder, oats, and baking soda.


Next, pour the muffin batter into each of the reservoirs. Be careful not to fill them too much. I made that mistake with a few of mine :(.


Then, wait for them to bake, checking periodically, because sometimes they take a longer or shorter time to cook. However, the baking time usually about 5 minutes or so. Below is what they look like when they are about half way done.


Finally, when they are done, take them out and repeat the two above steps until all of your batter is done! My batter made about 40 mini muffins...which I can't wait to eat!


I know they look more like cupcakes, but I promise you, they are muffins! The cupcake maker just makes everything look more like a cupcake, because that is its primary use, although the recipe book includes recipes for all different things, including quiches, muffins, brownies, etc. The muffins are SO yummy, so I definitely suggest making this recipe if you are a muffin fan! Enjoy! XoXo Katie



No comments:

Post a Comment