Ciao guys! I have just arrived back in Roma, so there was a lack of blog posts this week due to it being super hectic. However, I will post asap! My blackberry i locked because I entered the wrong pin so it's all a bit of a mess. On the bright side I am with my lovely boyfriend Keli, and he is so happy to see me as a I to see him! We never posted our cupcake recipe disaster up, but I will show you some pictures.
1. I suggest you do not work with fondant until you have mastered it on a cake, since cupcakes are smaller therefore trickier. Practice make perfect. Therefore if you are an ultra beginner here are some steps:
1. Buy vanilla & chocolate cupcake mix (we bought the vanilla ones, but I made the chocolate ones from scratch. The recipe is listed below under Chocolate Cupcakes. If you are more daring definitely make everything from scratch.
2. Bake the cupcakes
3. While they bake take white frosting and play around with colors. If you want the color black check out specialized baking stores or craft stores (I heard Michael's may have it) otherwise your local stop&shop will only give you a grey type of color by mixing all colors together.
I use a really neat tool I got from Target that is a specialized piper and it was one $8 (picture below). Otherwise you can make your own piping bag with a ziplock bag by filling it and cutting a small slanted hole (parchment paper is better recommended but you must tape it together to form the piping bag shape which is a cone shape) Or my best suggestion is buy reusable piping bags to make the process easier, and have the special tips.
Lizzy the one showing you the how to steps explains really well & makes it easy for you!
4. When filling your bag, only fill it half full so that you can better direct the way you will pipe. Also try a few practices on a piece of parchment or regular paper.
5. Decorate & Have fun with it!!! It doesn't matter that they don't turn out perfect, remember third times the charm ;)
Quilt Pattern: Use a toothpick and make the quilt pattern by crisscrossing lines
Frosting Colors: Black, White, Teal, (use colors that chanel has used for their bags)
To Get the Gold CCs: Craft stores have edible gold paint
Little silver trinkets usually make them look great as well!
1 1/3 cup of all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tsps baking powder
3/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 tsp salt
3 tbsp butter softened
1 1/2 cups of white sugar
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven 350. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder, salt and set aside.
2. Mix softened butter with white sugar, and add eggs one by one.
3. Add vanilla extract to mixer, along with flour and milk. Try and put the flour and milk in slowly. Fill cupcake liners (for Chanel ones I used silver and white, suggest you do the same and add some black ones if you can find them).
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes, continuously checking on it to make sure its done. Stick a toothpick all the way through to make sure it comes out clean and then you will know its done. Let them cool for as long as they need (must be cool to frost well)!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners.
2.Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, shortening, milk and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Mix at low speed for 2 minutes. Scrape bowl. Add egg whites and mix at high speed until fluffy and smooth, approximately 2 minutes.
3. Fill liners 1/2 to 2/3 full of batter. Do not overfill. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
4. Cool 10 minutes in pans then remove from pan, and place on wire racks to cool completely.
NEXT TIME AROUND WE REALLY WANT TO TRY FONDANT & USE A SPECIFIC PICTURE TO HELP INSTEAD OF JUST THE CCs. Fondant will have a better affect. Many websites show you how to make it & youtube videos. A professional's video or tips would be the best way to go about learning how to make fondant since it can be a sticky situation. Ciao Ragazze, I will blog ASAP